Week 49: #findjohn

Well this week wasn't too eventful in the teaching department. We did teach a new investigator named Don on Tuesday. He is Catholic and his son goes to Notre Dame so he has a pretty good understanding about authority. He seemed surprisingly accepting of the different things that we taught and he had real questions to ask us. He wondered if John was the last Apostle and if he never died then why isn't the whole world trying to find John? He said that with all the technology we have and phones and pictures that it should be easy for us to find him. He was mostly joking at this point but he brings up a good point. I think we should all try to find John. He's probably got a lot of stories he could tell us throughout the years. Maybe next time we go to teach Don we can tell him about the three Nephites?? Just kidding.
I'm really enjoying living here in Rancho Cucamonga. It reminds me of California which I guess makes sense but being in the desert for 10 months made me feel like I was on another planet sometimes. I've seen like 4 M3s just this morning, a Ferrari 458 and a McLaren so some good tender mercies there. Elder Bryner and I are still playing tennis every morning for our exercise so sometimes I feel like an old retired couple. Like think about it. We live off a monthly deposit into our accounts, we're empty nesters, we drive a new car with absolutely NO changes to it (sad day for me), we play tennis in the morning, we dress nicely everywhere we go, we have some pretty dumb phones (for a couple more weeks thankfully). We just fit the bill.

We had an investigator, Diana, at our YSA ward which is also good. She is dating one of the members but I haven't seen him attend until yesterday with her. She said that she wants more time to read the Book of Mormon before meeting with us again so hopefully something happens soon there. 

Overall it was a pretty fast week. We get to go to the Temple a week from tomorrow so looking forward to that a lot! That's the day I'll be emailing too so don't be alarmed from the lack of an email on Monday. We had a "friendly bash" with a guy yesterday while we were tracting. He hit us with the classic don't worship the same Jesus thing but luckily he gave us the time of day to actually explain what we REALLY believe. He still wasn't interested but we did our job by testifying of the Savior and His restored church. I again testify what I testified to him. I know that the Bible is true because I have read it and prayed about it. Because of the answer that I got from God I know that it is true and therefore I know that Christ lives. I have also read the Book of Mormon and have prayed about it and gotten an answer from that same God that it too is true. Therefore I know that Christ used Joseph Smith to restore His church and that God still speaks to man today. I know that the fullness of the Gospel has been restored to the earth for the final time for all to enjoy. I pray we're all humble enough to ask God and have enough faith to get an answer.

Love,
Elder Puzey

Elder Puzey sent no photos this week so using a stock photo of Rancho Cucamonga 


Update: Bronson did not have pics to send but mom found these for this week on his companions, Elder Bryner's) blog

 After a morning tennis match
Elder Puzey with Elder Bryner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Stay Safe

Week 35: Missionary work and mechanic work

Week 85: That week between Christmas and New Years when you don't know what day it is