Week 46: Miracle Week

Well so far my time in Rancho has been pretty good. My apartment is wayyyy bigger than my last one and I get my own bathroom so that's awesome. Elder Bryner and I are doing well, don't have too much time so here's a little recap of the week:

Tuesday: We got a referral from one of the YSA members for his girlfriend. We all got together and had a good lesson. It's a miracle because 1) we got a member referral 2) we had a member present lesson 3) a new investigator for us (which my companion says they got ONE new investigator the whole of last transfer). Tuesday nights the YSA plays volleyball and some of the polly YSA kids also show up so it's a good time filled with good volleyball playing and laughs and people always bring their non-member friends so that's our time to shine.

Wednesday: We're out contacting at a store complex place and not really getting any success but a family walked out of an ice cream shop and I asked if it was really the best in the world (cause they have stuff on the windows showing that they're ranked #1 in the world by some digest people?) and they said that it was pretty good. I offered them a card and they denied me but gave us $10 (they would not let us refuse no matter how many times we said no) for ice cream. Then on Wednesday nights we play soccer as another YSA activity.

Thursday: Earlier in the week we set up a booth at the local community college and talked to anyone and everyone that would listen. We talked to this guy named Abraham and he was pretty interested after we told him about the Book of Mormon and gave him one with sticky notes in it. (The sticky notes have questions on them and they mark where the answer is in the Book of Mormon). He absolutely loved Ether 12:27. We invited him to the institute which they do on Thursday nights so we were there waiting for him. He didn't make it but while we were there we got a call from a member that was referring his co-worker. (As already stated it is a miracle to get a member referral) So we are all going to meet up sometime this week. 

We also got an investigator from the college named Jeremy who again seemed interested in the Book of Mormon and wanted to learn more. I forgot when that happened but thought I'd just throw that in there.

Friday: We went out to eat with our ward-mates and when we got to the pizza place there were some members there from another ward and paid for all of us! Free pizza is the best pizza!

Sunday: We were out tracting after conference (btw conference was awesome, President Nelson is a prophet of God and the Lord is hastening His work) and we tracted into a less-active member that had not been to church since her teen years. We asked if we could share a quick Easter message in Easter Sunday but she said she was already late for dinner. She asked us if we had any plans for dinner and upon hearing that we didn't she called her brother (an active member in our ward) to see if there was enough food for us to join. He said there was so we helped transport some of the food over. It was super good potatos and pork. Afterwards the active member thanked us and said how good it was for his sister to be there with us and to hear the message that we shared after dinner was over.

So it was a pretty awesome week here in Rancho Cucamonga. I am definitely happy to be here in the valley where it smells like California, looks like California and tastes like California. I"ll send a video of my new place and the surrounding environment next week. Conference was awesome and I'm looking forward to the changes which will help move the work of salvation along. I am so glad to have a living prophet today to help lead and guide us in these turbulent times. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Puzey 

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Taking flowers and food to our miracle Easter dinner
First sunset in the valley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Stay Safe

Week 35: Missionary work and mechanic work

Week 85: That week between Christmas and New Years when you don't know what day it is