Week 27: Transfers

Well after 6 months (roughly 4 transfers) of being in the Adelanto/Samoan area it's time for me to finally head out. I moved all the way to Hesperia, Bear Valley Ward (which is about 15 ish miles from where I last served). My companion is Elder Nordgren, he has been out for 4-1/2 months so we are both pretty new still. This morning we headed down to Rancho Cucamonga to do some transfer stuff. That's where we picked up the keys to our truck (a new Charcoal Toyota Tacoma) and the keys to our apartment and church buildings and such. My companion and I were called to be zone leaders in the Hesperia A zone and we have both never 1) been zone leaders 2) served in the area 3) been companions with each other. So we're whitewashing in and have absolutely no idea what we are doing in the area or as zone leaders. Wish us luck. I'm looking forward to the change though! An Elder that I used to live with (Elder Reilly) used to be here and said that the ward is awesome so that's good! Not too much to report really but we're going to work hard and hopefully figure things out. 

Yesterday the missionaries were invited to watch the Face to Face with Elder Oaks and Ballard and it was awesome so if you're a YSA I would highly recommend watching it. Something that stood out to me was that the world is going to continue to get worse and worse and even members in the church will question doctrine and revelation so if we are really going to be steadfast and immovable then we need to gain and keep our own testimonies. By gaining a simple testimony of the church (Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, etc.) then even when we have questions, even more questions than answers, we will be able to fully support and sustain the Church of Jesus Christ. Gain your testimony and defend it so you too can say "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." It's okay to not have all the answers. 

I love you all! I'll have pictures and more information next week. 
Love,
Elder Puzey

Elder Puzey did not send pictures because he was short for time but later in the day I got pictures from another missionary mom who's son, Elder Conder, lived in the house with Bronson in Adelanto:
 Elder Noorlander, Elder Puzezy, Elder Kunz and Elder Conder
California Ganstas
 AKA Mormon Missionaries
 #thuglife
Who brought the confederate flag?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Stay Safe

Week 35: Missionary work and mechanic work

Week 85: That week between Christmas and New Years when you don't know what day it is