So for zone activity today we had everyone bring $1 and we had a volleyball tournament. When the winner was decided Elder Dietrich and I scooted on over to the local Burger King and asked for the most amount of nuggets we could get for $24 . We also asked for 5 crowns. Took about 20 minutes to get the food cause they only have one fryer but we hauled back to the church and surprised everyone with 230 nuggies and 4 (they forgot to give us one) crowns. The winners got their crowns and everyone got to mack on some BK nuggies. Good times. After the food we played some more sports and we all felt (and still feel) awful. I also ran pretty much full speed into the partition and broke my toenail. It's been super fun to be back in Hesperia. We sometimes get to drive through my old area and I have so many flashbacks to the good times with Elder Nordgren about a year ago. On Friday I got to go on exchanges with one of the Spanish elders and we drove on the boarder of my ...
So last night we were mobbin around the hood trying to catch some of our investigators and potential investigators at home so we could teach them repentance and while we were thinking about where to go while stopped at a stop sign I catch a glimpse of a pair of tail lights. It took me a second to register what vehicle it was so about half way through the intersection it clicks and I tell Elder Nordgren, "That's a FERRARI" and I crank the wheel to the right and speed off towards the direction that it was heading. "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Ne. 1:20) In other news, this week we had a lesson with our investigator Dave. We have two investigators named Dave so we call this one groovy Dave. His vocabulary is hilarious and consists of things like: "Well I'll be darned" "...
Well this week was pretty fun! On Wednesday I was on exchanges with Elder Yumisaca who is from Honduras. His accent is hilarious and he's just a very fun guy to be around. Well during our exchange we got to teach these two sisters. Very humble circumstances. There was no furniture in the living room and just a tv so we sat on the fireplace mantle. After a few minutes I felt like I had really known these two girls before. So I started going through the past 23 months to see if I could figure it out. Then their mom came out and I totally recognized her and remember that they had lived with Diane way back when I was in my first area in Adelanto!! I remembered that when Diane got baptized they all came and that's when I met them first. Sooo cool!! Then on Thursday I was on a mini exchange with Elder Kunzler who is actually my grandson because Elder Worsham trained him. I was there for a few hours because his companion went down to the valley with my companion for a doctors...
Comments
Post a Comment