Week 62: No Tiwi

So some of you may remember me talking about the little black boxes that they have in all the mission cars? Well these little devil devices are called Tiwi. Couple days back we were driving up one of the more major roads down here in Rancho. It's a 3 lane each direction road and the speed limit is 50. We were mobbing back up to our apartment when all of a sudden a message comes up on the display that engine power had been reduced and it wasn't lying. We slowed wayyy down even though my foot was wrapped around the pedal I was pushing it in so hard. So we get over to the right lane and limp it to the mission office. (Luckily we were super close to the office, it could not have happened at a better time). So we go in and talk to the mission vehicle coordinator, Elder Newbury. The assistants were there and they drive a Silverado (there aren't a lot of Chevy's left in the mission sadly) and they recently had problems with it so we thought it might be the same problem. Well then Elder Newbury hands me his phone and has me dial some random number and then starts talking to my companion about football. So next thing I know I'm on a customer support line with someone that sounds like may or may not have recently moved from the middle east. So after talking to him and finding nothing wrong with the Tiwi device itself Elder Newbury gets up and has us follow him out to our car. Then we unplug it (usually a very big no no) and he has us drive around the church. Malory (our Malibu) was back to working just fine so he tells us to just go without it. So it's been four days now and still no tickets so that's a win in my book. The only downside is now that it's not plugged in I won't be racking up miles to maintain my most miles driven award.

This week was pretty good. We found five new people to teach so that's the most I've gotten in this area. Four of the five are YSA. Most of them were found tracting but one of them was someone we taught at the booth we have at the local community college. I'll talk about them more if we continue to meet with them. 

Mike is doing good and was able to make it to church this last week. He's on date for the 19th of August and that is also his 21st birthday. His mom is flying in to be there with him so that's super cool as well. 

Sorry no pictures this week. I'll try to be better at that. It's hot so I hope y'all stay cool.

Love, 
Elder Puzey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Stay Safe

Week 35: Missionary work and mechanic work

Week 85: That week between Christmas and New Years when you don't know what day it is