Week 82: It's beginning to look a little bit more like Christmas

Well on Wednesday and Thursday it rained a TON. Those two days probably had more inches of rain than every other day on my mission combined. We don't have very many miles and we didn't want our bikes to become rusty paper weights so most of those two days were spent walking. We got soaked to the bone haha. Reminded me a lot of Seattle. 

Saturday we had some good things happen. We were going around and trying some people that had shown some interest and as we were walking up to one he was standing outside eating breakfast. So we finally caught him home and got to teach him out in the front yard. My face started to boil but hey we taught someone new! We couldn't really gauge how interested he was so I guess we'll see if he holds up on the return appointment. 

Yesterday we saw some mini miracles as well. We went to try a potential and when we got there they weren't home so we went a couple doors down and saw that another one of our potentials was working on getting an old truck hood to close. We went over and helped for a couple of minutes and got to talk to Jose for a little bit. As we were about to leave we saw that the family we had just tried a couple minutes earlier had pulled into their driveway. So we went back to their house and set up a return appointment. As we were leaving we went down the street a few more houses and there was another one of our potentials outside working on replacing a light bulb. We stopped and he accepted our service and then got to talk to him for a couple of minutes and got another return appointment set up. Hopefully all those go through and we get to continue increasing our teaching pool.

Last night we had a fun experience. We found ourselves in the deep ghetto at about seven so we tried a couple of potentials. One of them is a tom boy that acts (and looks) like she grew up in Compton but is actually really nice. So we get there and the conversation goes something like this:
Us: "Hey do you think we could meet right now?"
Potential: "Ah right now I'm a little busy, I'm giving this guy a tattoo right now in my kitchen."
Us: "oh wow"
Potential: "Yeah do you guys wanna watch??"
Us: "hmmm"
Potential: *drags the guy getting tattooed and some other guy down the stairs to meet us. "These are the guys I wanted you to meet, I told them all about you two."
Us: *shakes hands with said two guys. "Nice to meet ya" X2
Potential: "But yeah I'm a little busy do y'all wanna come back in like an hour or so when I'm done?"
Drunk Guy: "Hey did someone steal my bike?!?!"
Potential: "Don't worry about it, if someone did I'll take care of it!"
Drunk Guy: *doing drunk guy things
Potential: "Are you drunk right now??"
Drunk Guy: *puts a small gap between his thumb and index finger. "A little bit"
Potential: "I can't give you a tattoo if you're drunk!"
Us: "Yeah we can come back in like an hour."
Potential: "Okay yeah I should be done giving this guy a tattoo by them."

...About 30 Minutes Later...

Us: "Hey sorry we're a little early."
Potential: "No problem come up and we can talk while I give this guy a tattoo."
Drunk Guy: :D
Us: "... Okay"
Us: *walk up stairs into the apartment
Potential: "You guys can sit down or whatever I'll be right back."
Us: Spends the next 30 minutes listening to the drunk guy. Every 4 minutes he would giver us a handshake which would turn into a hand clasp turned into slide and ending with a fist bump type of handshake. 
Us: *we told him that we share a message about Christ's original church being brought back.
Drunk Guy: "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" *handshakes again.
Drunk Guy: *a bunch of pointless thoughts of his that were super funny
Potential: *after being gone 30 minutes. "Hey sorry guys I got detained in the back."
Us: "Oh, no big deal."
Potential: "Yeah do you think we could do this another time? I got some stuff I gotta do for my mom tomorrow but maybe anytime after tomorrow?"
Us: "Tuesday?"
Potential "Yeah Tuesday! See you then!"

Definitely a good story that capped off a good sabbath day. I hope y'all are gonna find a way to serve in your communities this week!

Love,
Elder Puzey

 San Gabriel Mountains
Superman!!
 When it rains here the drainage is pretty poor so they get these wood things so you can cross the Red Sea on wet plywood.
 Getting our recipt checked by Snoop Dogg!
 Ran into a bush :( cool scar tho
 Us at a park
I ruined Elder Palacios' mountain picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Stay Safe

Week 35: Missionary work and mechanic work

Week 85: That week between Christmas and New Years when you don't know what day it is